[Zope-dev] Status of github migration

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leorochael at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 14:40:57 UTC 2013

Hi Jens,

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:

> [...] All other repositories (Zope, Products.*) were test migrations where I asked for feedback and never got any. They are throw-away and not final. The only finished migrations are yours and Tres'.

I've been overly busy with these last couple of monks with job
change/country relocation/new year, so I couldn't review those
migrations before.

I took a quick look at the Zope migration now and I think it's
excellent. The only thing I'd add is that I'd also migrate branches
2.12 and 2.13 branches since they're all active, even if just for
bug/security fixes.

Having those branches means that back/forward-porting fixes is easier.
Although we could always recreate the branches based on the tags,
which were also nicely migrated.

I think you mentioned this before, but I couldn't find it in a quick
archive search, but which script did you use for those migrations?

Thanks for all the work! And thanks also for the very nice mirror at:
git.zope.org

Cheers,

Leo