[Zope-dev] Status of github migration

Matthew Wilkes matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 23:10:05 UTC 2013

Tres Seaver wrote:
> What is needed is not scripts, but eyeballs:  we need people who know the
> various packages and*care*  about getting them migrated to github to step
> up.  Softwward which doesn't have a champion willing to do the work
> should stay behind on SVN.

The community as a whole cares about having them all migrated to github.
I'm sure this will happen the next time there's a sprint, just like lots
of them got migrated (and subsequently deleted) at the zope4 sprint in
San Francisco a few years back.

We need man-hours, sure, but not champions. Being blocked on working on
the code because you're the first one to care about a package and
subsequently have to learn how to do the migration is a crazy way of
doing things.

Matthew