[Zope-dev] Becoming a "zopefoundation" member on GitHub

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jan 11 16:11:53 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Stephan Richter
<stephan.richter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> what are the necessary steps to become a Zope Foundation organization member
> on GitHub? I would like to try moving a small product there to test the
> migration.

You should have gotten an email from me a a few weeks ago requesting
your github email. (It turns out I needed your id too.)  Perhaps we
didn't have an up-to-date email address for you in our database, or
maybe it got files as spam. :)

Please send me (privately) your github email and id.

If any other contributors didn't get an email from me and want write
access to the github repositories, please send me your github id and
email.

WRT moving or creating repositories, an unfortunate miss-feature of
github is that developers with push access can't also create
repositories.  (This is one of the reasons that ZC uses bitbucket.)
You'll have to ask someone (like me) to do that for you.  I don't
think we've formalized the process for this.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton