[Zope-dev] Moving to Github: authors.txt (and svn12git.py)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Mar 1 14:37:23 UTC 2013

I've created a private subversion repository containing the
authors.txt file needed when converting subversion repository to git.

  svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/2git

It's a small repository that you can check out directly:

  svn co svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/2git

I've also included a small python script, svn2git.py.  It:

- builds on the git svn plugin, which you must have installed.

- doesn't require that you have a local copy of the subversion repository.

- is more reliable than the ruby version

- It usually does it's work in a few minutes.

- It has run into difficulty with one project, ZEO, where it got into
some look and didn't finish.

This is the script I use and I recommend it for individual repositories.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton