[Zope-dev] zope generations updating objects with method name change

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Sun Mar 10 20:19:21 UTC 2013

Hello,

My application is based on Grok. Whenver, I change a method-name or add
a method to a Model, Grok fails to load the previous version from the
ZODB. I resorted to writing simple generations (zope.generations) to
update the stored model objects.

For 'method name' changes, this basically means:
     1. create new object
     2. copy every single attribute of old-object to the new-object
     3. delete old-object
     4. save new-object

How does everyone else do this? Or is there a way to make grok/zope/zodb
not persist the method-names and signatures in a content component (grok
Model)?

--
Joshua Immanuel
HiPro IT Solutions Private Limited