[Zope-dev] Zope 4.0 roadmap & release plan

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Mon Sep 16 19:50:58 CEST 2013

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013, at 0:38, Baiju M wrote:

  Is there any roadmap & release plan for Zope 4.0 ?

I'm not aware on anyone still working on Zope 4. The project might come
back to life at some point, but for the past couple of months it's been
very quiet.

  At my work, we use Zope 2.12 and we are looking forward to upgrading
  to Zope 2.13. Depending on Zope 4.0 availability, we can think about
  directly moving to Zope 4.0

Zope 2.13 should be an easy upgrade. You can also selectively upgrade
to DateTime 3 (huge memory savings) and Products.ZCatalog 3 (support
for "not queries" and "sort_on" with multiple indexes).

Note that security support for Zope 2.12 (and Python 2.6) ends in
October, so upgrading is a good idea.

Hanno