[Zope-dev] Zope release

Robert Buchholz rb at sntl-publishing.com
Tue Nov 11 10:59:50 CET 2014

Hello Tres,

On 10.11.2014 20:04, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Hmm, all three of those changes are to support installing / running
> 2.13.x without sticking to its "known-good-set":

Correct, which is what I am trying to achieve. Zope's known good set (as
documented in the buildout files) is rather ancient and I would like to
run many, if not all of its requirements at the latest version.

> I guess this is to support direct install from PyPI?  I don't see how the
> changes in zope.browserpage 4.x / zope.pagetemplate 4.x could matter for
> a Zope2 2.13.x release, really.  Maybe this one for zdaemon 3.0.1?
>   https://pypi.python.org/pypi/zdaemon#id6
> or 3.0.5?
>   https://pypi.python.org/pypi/zdaemon#id2

Correct, if you install it with pip from PyPI, the dependencies as
declared in Zope's setup.py do not work with the latest release (even
though downgrading browserpage and pagetemplate is probably a
non-issue). A zdaemon 4 is a requirement of modern ZODB releases (at
least 4.0 and later).

I can install from the git branch as well, I just prefer running
production systems from well-known release tarballs.

Cheers,

Robert