[Zope-dev] CMF on something git like? Was: Products.PluggableAuthService to github?

yuppie y.2015 at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Feb 19 11:24:59 CET 2015

Hi Patrick,

thanks for bringing this up!

Patrick Gerken wrote:
> is anybody against moving CMF to
> - gitlab.com
> - git repos on bitbucket.org
> - self hosted gitlab run by me?
>
> If not, what are prefered options?

The Zope Foundation maintains the infrastructure used by the CMF
community and I have no ambitions to change that. So in the end it's a
decision of the Zope Foundation.

In the beginning moving to GitHub was optional and decided for each
project separately, but blocking write access for new contributers and
ssh keys makes it hard to use the old infrastructure. As a result only
GitHub Inc. customers can now become Zope contributers.

Here is my wish list:

A self hosted solution would be my preferred option. Something with a
zope.org URL and no other terms and conditions besides the Committer
Agreement. I would be happy to use GitLab run by you or any other
solution the Zope Foundation provides. If I can help to make this
happen, please let me know.

AFAICS GitLab B.V. is a better cooperation partner for open source
projects than Atlassian (bitbucket.org), but I might be wrong about that.

I guess to convince the Zope Foundation any proposal for a second git
repository has to include a concept for keeping both repositories in sync.

Cheers,

	Yuppie