[Zope-dev] DocTests as TestCase methods/attrs, need PR reviewer.

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Mon Jul 13 07:05:16 CEST 2015

On 7/13/15 1:57 AM, Jim Fulton wrote:
> I'd love it if someone would review my PR. :)
>
> https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.testing/pull/4
>
> Jim

Once again Jim has improved the state of Python development.

There used to be two separate testing mechanisms.  Doctests and Unittests.
They are now integrated, making them both easier to use.

For those who are not familiar with the terminology.

Doctests are based on the text strings defined in a method.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctest

Unit Tests test a tiny piece of code.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_testing

Integrating the two different testing systems makes life so much easier
for developers.

Hope that helps!
Chris