[Zope-dev] A Tale of Two Repositories

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri May 15 13:17:53 CEST 2015

yuppie schreef op 15-05-15 om 12:11:
> There is one problem with the existing procedure: author information is
> lost for contributers without GitHub account. I don't know if this is a
> bug in the scripts or if the GitHub universe is a closed universe that
> has no provisions for handling information about people existing outside.
>
> Would be nice if this could be resolved. I consider it an unfriendly act
> to remove my name from all my contributions just because I'm no customer
> of GitHub Inc. And it makes history information less useful.

AFAIK this has got nothing to do with not having a github account,
although I guess that if there is a match between an original svn
account and a github username, github might use it.

But the procedure should be able to accept an authors.txt file or
similar that contains a mapping from zope svn committer name to email
address and maybe full name.  I have done several moves from
svn.plone.org to github and from an internal company svn to bitbucket
git and have used such a file there, with names of colleagues and Plone
committers.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl