[Zope-dev] Move Products.ExternalEditor and z3c.formwidget.query to github

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Sep 9 00:51:42 CEST 2015

Op 08-09-15 om 15:50 schreef Tres Seaver:

> On 09/07/2015 06:59 PM, Maurits van Rees wrote:
>
>> Can someone move Products.ExternalEditor and z3c.formwidget.query to
>> github.com/zopefoundation?
>>
>> I think I can do it too, including migrating author names.  I have
>> migrated from svn to git before, just not for the zopefoundation.
>> Looks like I can create a repo in the zopefoundation.  Do I need to
>> change any settings then?
>>
>> I can also import it in my own account if wanted and then someone can
>>   check it and then fork it to zopefoundation if that is somehow
>> better.
>>
>> (If svn.zope.org is currently slow: sorry, that could be me.  I am
>> cloning the repo locally to speed up future github migrations.  I'll
>> let that continue while I am sleeping.)
>
> Doing the migration properly requires a mapping of SVN userid -> email
> address.  If you plan to do the migrations yourself, please ask me
> off-list for a copy of the 'users.txt' file.

Thanks for the file.  I have combined it with an own list of users from
Plone repositories.

The first repo is ready:
https://github.com/zopefoundation/z3c.formwidget.query
I have emptied the old trunk and left a note.

Products.ExternalEditor is giving me some problems due to too much
copying around of trunk, tags and branches. Trying another approach now,
but this is taking longer.  I will report once ready.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl