[Zope-PAS] Re: PropertiedUser

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Nov 23 08:55:45 EST 2004

Chris Withers wrote:
> Just picking up on an old posting...
>
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>> That makes sense, but doesn't quite fit the Zope2 PAS implementation.
>>> PropertiedUser defines an optional "login" param to the constructor and
>>> supplies a few methods implementing "BasicUser's public interface" -
>>> including getUserName()

1. This doesn't look like something I said

2. Even if I said it, I have *no idea* what the context is.

> Is it a particular plugin that does this or is there some interface that
> requires/specifies this stuff? The reaons I ask is that Zope 2's PAS
> SHOULD be interfacially (can I make that word? ;-) ) equivalent to Zope
> 3's PAS.

Not really.  This isn't practical. Zope 2's PAS is very much influenced
by Zope 2 patterns. Zope 3's PAS is very much influenced by Zope 3 patterns.

> IIUC, this means that the only thing PAS (and therefore Zope 2) should
> care about is the principal id, right?

It depends who's caring and why. The context is totally lost.

Jim