[Zope-PAS] Re: id mangling

Zachery Bir zbir at urbanape.com
Wed Apr 20 09:51:42 EDT 2005

On 2005-04-20 04:14:21 -0400, Jens Vagelpohl
<jens at dataflake.org> said:

> On Apr 20, 2005, at 5:04, J Cameron Cooper wrote:
>
>> I understand there was to be some re-working of id mangling. Is that
>> supposed to be on the zbir_fixing_ids_branch, and if so, how's that
>> going?
>>
>> The exposure of the mangled id through getId (on PropertiedUser) seems
>> problematic (although I'm not entirely done with my investigations yet)
>> when it comes to old code that expects non-mangled names. (The PAS
>> UserFolder API expects non-mangled names, right?)
>
> Yes, something was supposed to be worked on. I understand Zac is
> extremely busy with "real" work right now, not sure what a good way is
> to get around the bottleneck.

Yes, sorry about all that. Work projects continued long after I had
hoped and I've been swamped lately. The initial work is done (scrubbing
PAS of expectations of mangled ids), I think all we need now is a way
to have the plugins to assert they want to use a prefix. I imagine this
would be some property of the plugin and if you need multiple plugins
to play along together, you'd make the same assignment on each.

I'll try to get to it shortly.

Zac