[Zope-PAS] Re: RFC: PAS Release plan

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Mon Nov 7 14:45:55 EST 2005

Julien Anguenot wrote:

> As well, I noticed couple of branches within the PAS branches
> sub-directory. Are all these branches currently relevant ?

The following look merged / dead to me (responsible parties please 'svn
rm' them if so):

 'sidnei-challenge-protocol-chooser' --
   merged, 2005/08/17

 'zbir_fixing_ids_branch' --
   merged, 2005/05/27

 'zc-pas_fix_logout-branch' --
   merged for 1.0.4, 2005/01/27

 'tseaver-login_form-branch' --
   abandoned, 2005/01/??;  I will remove it.

 'jens-implement_caching_branch' --
   merged 2004/11/08

 'pre-1_0_3-zbir-challenge-branch' --
   merged, 2004/10/16

 'regebro-implement_challenge-branch --
   appears to have either been merged or abandoned last fall

 'regebro-Exception_logging-branch' --
   merged, 2004/08/30

 'INTERNAL_1_0' --
   vendor import branch created when moving from ZC-internal CVS
   to zope.org CVS.  I will remove it.

The unnamed branches are likely artifacts of the CVS -> SVN migration;
I will zap them.

> I started to implement a set of plugins for CPSDirectory with the goal
> of having PAS, hopefully, as the default UserFolder for the next release
> of CPS (3.4.0).
>
> Are there known problems / issues with PAS at this point that would need
> to be addressed apart for the setup and configuration points you
> mentioned Tres ?

I don't know of any in particular.  The collector:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/urbanape/PluggableAuthService/Collector/

has a relatively small set of open bugs;  we could work on driving that
down as part of a 1.2 release process.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 202-558-7113          tseaver at palladion.com