[Zope-PAS] Plone Group assignment to LDAP group

Stephen Kenworthy steveyken at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 10:36:25 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been trying out the Plone 2.5, Zope 2.8.7 release for the first
time and looking to migrate our intranet which is currently Plone 2.1.

I love the new pas system but am still getting to grips with it. Can
anyone offer any advice on the following...

Can I assign LDAP *groups* to Zope *groups*? and if so, how?

I read the thread "groups/roles and PAS"
(http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.pas/557) which is close
but it maps LDAP groups to roles rather than groups. Am I missing a
logical step here?

I'm using LDAPMultiPlugin 1.2 and LDAPUserFolder 2.7 etc... and LDAP
authentication works fine on the plone site.

Kind regards,

Steve Kenworthy (www.globalhand.org)

p.s. Kudos to the guys who developed PAS btw...well done and thank you!