[Zope-PAS] Re: Duplicate pulgin types created by PluginRegistry.exportimport._updatePluginRegistry

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Tue Dec 19 14:56:19 EST 2006

Ross Patterson wrote:
> Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> writes:
>
>> Ross Patterson wrote:

>>> Will do.

>>> As I understand it, the PAS setup handlers expect the setup tool to be
>>> located *inside* the acl_users folder.  I taks this from the fact that
>>> the setup handlers get the adapter that does the actual importing and
>>> exporting with an adapter for context.getSite().
>>>
>>> I wanted to be able to do PAS configuration in a setuphandler executed
>>> inside a setup tool for a CMF *portal* for the acl_users folder
>>> *subobject* of that portal.  As such I adapt
>>> getToolByName(context.getSite(), 'acl_users').
>>>
>>> Is this incorrect?
>> Hmm, I guess I normally just have the PAS dumped as part of the
>> "structure" of the site, where the normal handlers get used on the PAS
>> as a subobject.
>>
>> If you want the PAS to go into a different part of the profile, then the
>> "structure" dump needs to exclude it, and your handlers would work fine.
>>  However, still don't see why your overrides.zcml registers the handler
>> for the IPluginRegistry.  Including your export / import handers as
>> steps should do the trick, without the funky override.
>
> Just to make sure I'm hearing this correctly, you'd put it in
> something like profile/default/structure/acl_users/pluginregistry.xml?

Yes, along with the files for the plugins.  This is what that looks like
on a current project:

 $ find structure/acl_users
 structure/acl_users
 structure/acl_users/.objects
 structure/acl_users/pluginregistry.xml
 structure/acl_users/chooser.xml
 structure/acl_users/sniffer.xml
 structure/acl_users/credentials_cookie_auth.xml
 structure/acl_users/credentials_basic_auth.xml
 structure/acl_users/source_users.xml
 structure/acl_users/portal_role_manager.xml
 structure/acl_users/local_roles.xml
 structure/acl_users/source_groups.xml

Tres.
- --