[Zope-PAS] New to PAS

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Jun 27 15:33:18 EDT 2006

PAS makes no assumptions about where data exists.

In most configurations, it creates a user object on the fly for each
request which isn't persisted anywhere (IUserFactory).  You can ideed
prompt for a login (by writing an IChallengePlugin or using an
existing one) and gather the username and password (by wrting an
IExtractionPlugin or using an existing one),  authenticate it against
the SQL database (by writing an IAuthenticationPlugin),  and assign
the user roles using data in the SQL database (IRolesPlugin).

I'm afraid there's nowhere to go from here except to read the
existing plugins and peruse the interfaces to get a sense of what
hooks your code needs to provide to be a PAS plugin.  I searched a
bit to try to find some example code that uses a relational database,
but came up dry.

- C