[Zope-PAS] Re: struggling with Local Role plugin - followup question

Stan McFarland sfmcfar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:45:27 EDT 2007

Wichert Akkerman <wichert at ...> writes:

> Use a dynamic group.
>
> Wichert.

Wichert,

I successfully created a IGroupsPlugin, and I'm now succesfully able
to grant/deny access to a specific object by using the request.PUBLISHED
attribute to examine the attributes of the object.  If the stars
align (so to speak) I add the user to a group which has the
appropriate permissions to view the object.  But I'm still stumped
as to how to make this work for catalog queries, folder contents,
etc, as it doesn't appear that my groups plugin gets called for
catalog query results.    Is there some additional logic I can add
to my plugin?

If I could make this work I'd be forever grateful (and so would my customer).

Thanks again,

Stan