[Zope-PAS] Using Zope3 events

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Sat Jun 9 14:28:53 EDT 2007

I just recreated my z3-events branch based on the current trunk. This
branch defines a number of user-related events. I used two types of
events:

* events which are send by PAS when it has performed an action which may
  be interesting. There is only one of those: IUserCreatedEvent, which
  is send by _doAddUser if a new user has succesfully been added. Other
  candidates are IUserDeletedEvent (PAS has no API for user delation so
  I haven't implemented that one yet) and IUserPropertiesModifiedEvent.

* events which are send by other code which PAS can act on. I
  implemented IUserCredentialsUpdatedEvent and added a subscriber which
  just calls updateCredentials on a PAS instance.

I'm not quite happy with the current interfaces; I think it makes more
sense to carry an IBasicUser instance in the event instead of the
current userid and acl_users attributes.

Before I'm going to put more effort in this I would like to know if
there is an interest in adding events and if my current approach is
sane. In other words: feedback please!

Wichert.