[Zope-PAS] Problems Upgrading PluggableAuthService

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Jan 30 08:50:11 EST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 14:01 , Mark Phillips wrote:
> I looked at the bug reports and found 2 that relate to this error:
> http://plone.org/products/remember/issues/44
> http://plone.org/products/remember/issues/32
>
> The suggested solution is to upgrade
> PluggableAuthService to version 1.5.2, which I did. I stopped zope,
> removed PluggableAuthService v 1.4.2 from the Products directory,
> installed the new PluggableAuthService v 1.5.2, and restarted zope.
>
> However, no one can log in now. The remember members are still alive
> and well, but entering the use name and password does nothing -
> no error, no logged event, just return to the login page.
>
> What else do I have to do to upgrade PluggableAuthService?

There are no additional steps.

In a case like this I would start by manually inspecting the user
folder instance to make sure the plugin registrations are still
correct. It may help to enable the verbose-security setting in
zope.conf and remove "Unauthorized" from the swallowed exceptions in
the error_log object in the ZMI, you may get tracebacks that point to
the issue then. If that doesn't provide enough clues I would use the
Python debugger to step through the login process.

jens