[Zope-PAS] Problems Upgrading PluggableAuthService

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Thu Jan 31 08:23:48 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 04:49 -0500, Sven Deichmann wrote:
> Hello... I'm afraid that was my fault... I added that comment to the
> issue without checking all results first. I already added a comment
> yesterday stating this problem. My recommendation now: stick with
> 1.4.2
> and add the patch listed in the comments further up. Should be the
> fastest solution. Though it would be great to know, why 1.5.2 does not
> work...

Steve,

Thanks for the update.

However, when I "downgraded" from PluggableAuthService 1.5.2 to
PluggableAuthService 1.4.2 with the patch, the portrait problem did not
go away. Does PluggableAuthService 1.5.2 make other changes? This is
what I did:

1. Stopped Zope
2. Removed PluggableAuthService 1.5.2 from Product
3. Added PluggableAuthService 1.4.2 to Products
4. Applied the patch: patch -p0 < the-patch inside the
PluggableAuthService directory
4.5 Checked that the patch was applied - it was
5. Restarted Zope

I can now log in, but when I try to add a portrait to a member's
account, I get this error when I try to add a gif or jpeg image file:

2008-01-31T06:18:54 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://hammerhead:8081/ahs/newspaper/personalize_form
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerPageTemplate, line 90,
in __call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.BaseControllerPageTemplate, line 28,
in _call
  Module Products.CMFFormController.ControllerBase, line 244, in getNext
  Module Products.CMFFormController.Actions.TraverseTo, line 38, in
__call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerPythonScript, line 104,
in __call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.Script, line 145, in __call__
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 108, in __call__
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 164, in _exec
  Module None, line 31, in personalize
   - <FSControllerPythonScript at /ahs/newspaper/personalize>
   - Line 31
  Module Products.PlonePAS.tools.membership, line 449, in
changeMemberPortrait
  Module Products.CMFPlone.MembershipTool, line 182, in
changeMemberPortrait
  Module Products.CMFPlone.utils, line 729, in scale_image
  Module PIL.Image, line 1916, in open
IOError: cannot identify image file

Did the upgrade to PluggableAuthService 1.5.2 make any changes to my
site so that a simple downgrade as I described will not work? Any
thoughts on how I can get portraits to work? How can I turn off
portraits?

As a side note, while using PluggableAuthService 1.5.2, I also tried
upgrading to Five 1.4.4 as one of the posts suggested, and I could not
log in. However, I got this error:

2008-01-30T20:33:00 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://hammerhead:8081/ahs/newspaper/login_form
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerPageTemplate, line 90,
in __call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.BaseControllerPageTemplate, line 28,
in _call
  Module Products.CMFFormController.ControllerBase, line 244, in getNext
  Module Products.CMFFormController.Actions.TraverseTo, line 38, in
__call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerPythonScript, line 104,
in __call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.Script, line 145, in __call__
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 108, in __call__
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
  Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 164, in _exec
  Module None, line 27, in logged_in
   - <FSControllerPythonScript at /ahs/newspaper/logged_in>
   - Line 27
  Module Products.CMFPlone.MembershipTool, line 572, in setLoginTimes
  Module Products.remember.content.member, line 298, in setProperties
Unauthorized: <AccessControl.unauthorized.Unauthorized instance at
0xccc30ec>

Not sure if it means anything.

Mark