[Zope-PAS] Problems Upgrading PluggableAuthService

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Wed Jan 30 11:39:19 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 10:22 -0500, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2008, at 15:40 , Mark Phillips wrote:
> >> In a case like this I would start by manually inspecting the user
> >> folder instance to make sure the plugin registrations are still
> >> correct.
> >
> > How do I do this? Through the ZMI? My apologies for being so new to
> > zope.
>
> Yes.
>

> >> It may help to enable the verbose-security setting in
> >> zope.conf and remove "Unauthorized" from the swallowed exceptions
> in
> >> the error_log object in the ZMI,
> >> you may get tracebacks that point to
> >> the issue then. If that doesn't provide enough clues I would use
> the
> >> Python debugger to step through the login process.
> >>
> >> jens
> >
> > Thanks. I tried
>
> And..?
>
> jens

Ooops...I clicked too soon to send the message.

I figured out where the plugins are - acl_users for my plone site, not
the root level acl_users, right?

I have identical production server (PluggableAuthService 1.4.2) and
development server (PluggableAuthService 1.5.2), so I am able to compare
back and forth between them. I compared the plugins on both servers, and
they look the same. Are there settings within the plugins I have to look
at? I have attached an image of the plugins page - perhaps I am missing
something?

I then removed Unauthorized from the swallowed exceptions, and added
verbose-security to zope.conf. I then tried to login, and no error
messages.

I am reading the "How to debug Plone" using pdb, but I don't know where
to start with a break point. I don't know the process for login in
plone/zope. Any tutorials on that? I couldn't find any.

Thanks!

Mark