[ZWeb] Zope.org out of space again

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:21:18 +0100

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 10:48:55AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> The temporary storage is on the ZEO clients, not on the server.
> Subtransactions are done using s special storage. The normal storage
> (ZEO ClientStorage) doesn't see any data till the outer transaction is
> committed.

<SNIP>

> The clients need to have lots of temporary space.
> If this temporary space isn't in the usual location, then
> you need to set the TMPDIR environment variable to
> tell Zope (actually, yje tempfile module) where the
> space is.  This is what was done on the old
> zope.org site.

Unfortunately I no longer have access to the Zope.org servers so I can't
verify this. This is now Ethan's call.

> Note that you could, concievably, dedicate one
> client to do this sort of thing, or even
> write a ZEO-Client python script that does just
> the catalog reindexing in a dedicated short-lived
> process. This is actually probably the right way
> to proceed.

I still have no ZEO client running here, altough some of the ZEO speed
gain does filter through to my side of the web, which somewhat decreases
the need for a local ZEO client. But that des mean I cannot write the
dedicated client.

--
Martijn Pieters