[ZWeb] many items in a folderish object

mindlace mindlace@digicool.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 21:24:16 -0600

There's a need within the management interface of zope.org to be able to
present many objects in a folderish object more efficiently.

It appears to me as if this is something that needs to be added to zope
itself, that is, that every folder display should be batched, probably
using a cookie the same way width and height are currently.

In the same vein, filter views (show x object-type) would also help in
this regard, and finally, it would be very good to be able to sort by
the various attributes of objects, I.e. display all folders first, then
documents, then methods.  (indeed, I would suggest that this be the
basic format).

I do not know where to attack this problem from.  If someone could point
out where in the zope codebase to approach this issue, and possibly
someone I could work with on it, that would be very usefull.

Thanks,

~ethan