[ZWeb] book link?

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Fri, 08 Sep 2000 08:13:16 -0400

Karl is more right than he thinks. :^)

It's not just the Zope Book that is obscure.  There are a ton of really
good resources and documents that aren't getting visibility.  The ZDP
has done better than Zope.org on this, but I think they and we could do
better.

I spent the past two days assembling links for a customer regarding
developer-oriented links.  It surprised me how much good stuff is out
there.

Here's what I think we should do:

a. Make the Zope Book prominent on the Zope.org home page.
Specifically, have a link to it appear after "Zope Tour" under "Learn
Zope".

b. Let three of the main ZDP team be local-role owners of
/Documentation.

c. Work together to create really useful, elegant
/Documentation/index_html pages and subordinate pages.  Do this with (a)
good HTML, (b) good organization, and (c) editorial value by summarizing
links before people click.

Ultimately we need to do something more systematic.  I'm proposing
something that would take under ten hours and wouldn't require new
software.

Also, it sends a message that we at DC are on the way to treating the
ZDP as partners.

--Paul