[ZWeb] Documentation organization

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:17:21 -0400

Zopatistas,

sorry for the delay.  To recap, Paul suggests:

a. Make the Zope Book prominent on the Zope.org home page.
Specifically, have a link to it appear after "Zope Tour" under "Learn
Zope".

b. Let three of the main ZDP team be local-role owners of
/Documentation.

(this is done, except for rik, whose username I don't know)

c. Work together to create really useful, elegant
/Documentation/index_html pages and subordinate pages.  Do this with (a)
good HTML, (b) good organization, and (c) editorial value by summarizing
links before people click.

This part I'm not so sure on.  I've got a (blank) Proposal up on the
zope-web Wiki, that we could fill in some more.  Paul also has this
email:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-web/2000-September/000144.html

There's a "reorganization" version that, for the moment, I'd like us all
to work in.

I was hoping to frame the issue around Tim Cook's organization of the
HowTo's.  However, it looks like this isn't quite done yet.  There's
still the organization of Tips to be done.

Nonetheless, I imagine we can start on some things, like a first draft
of a new index_html for the Documentation section.

~ethan