[ZWeb] Restriction on file upload sizes on Zope.org

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:25:17 -0400

Hi all,

Due to bandwidth and storage abuse by Warez and MP3 distributors, we were
forced to close a few accounts and remove an estimated 2 GB of files, and
place some restrictions on File upload sizes. This means that Members can no
longer upload files over 500 KB in size.

If you try and upload a larger file, you'll notice that you'll get an
'Unauthorized' message (your browser will ask for your username and
password). Due to restrictions on when we can see how large a file you
uploaded, you won't get to see this message until *after* the upload is
completed (which could take a while at those sizes)!

If you feel that your larger file upload is justified and relevant, please
contact me (through webmaster@zope.org) and I'll get you additional access
to make unrestricted uploads. Apologies for the inconvenience!

--
Martijn Pieters