[ZWeb] Getting it done redux

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:19:09 +0000

* Paul Everitt <paul@zope.com> [011203 12:14]:
> I like the way you've phrased this.  Yes, we'll have ZC people involved,
> but hopefully not as the center wheel.  We have an important role to
> play and have to retain the right of last vote if things don't go right
> (as does the customer).

I'm happy with this in principle, and having a 'client' is important;
however, I'm not sure that ZC *has* to retain the right of last vote?

If the community thing is going to work, I think we're all agreed that
it has to be run by the community, with ZC as a leading player in that
community.  However, if ZC can veto everyone else, I think some people
might have problems with this.  I don't think this is what you're
suggesting; however, I do think roles and responsibilities need to be
*clearly* set out from the beginning.

In a sense, for zope.org improvements, the whole community is the
client.  Again, ZC is part of that community.  ZC collectively has the
right to some special consideration, both as Collective Zope Dictator for
Life, and as the organisation providing the infrastructure.

I don't really know what to suggest, however.  Things like a zope.org
committee spring to mind, with community representatives and
guaranteed ZC representation.  Hmm.  I suppose this was always going
to be a lot of work...

seb