[ZWeb] New Collector available

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:21:02 -0500

Great, thanks Martijn!  This is good news.  I'd like to clarify one part
at the end: issues with the existing site __that should be addressed on
the new site__ are fair game.  However, saying "the blah page is broken
on www.zope.org" is out of bounds for this new collector.

We now need to go through the work to make this our own.  This means a
number of things:

1) First, make sure that reasonable feature requests and irritations
about the web site are directed here.  Make sure people know that they
can log in using their zope.org username/password.

2) We need to make sure the add form and reports are structured in a way
to match our organizational scheme (e.g. subprojects).  This might be a
bit hard.

3) We need to get the right people in as supporters.  Everybody can help!

This last point bears repeating.  One really, really good way that
community folks can make casual contributions is by doing first-level
triage on the zope.org collector.

Spend some time each morning -- maybe fifteen minutes -- going through
some issues, accepting or rejecting them, and steering them to the right
people.  Most of all, let the issue reporter feel that we're responsive!

--Paul