[ZWeb] zope and dreamweaver via webdav

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:17:54 +0100

On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 12:48:46PM -0500, Paul Everitt wrote:
> These currently work really well from Adobe GoLive 5 using WebDAV.
> Unfortunately, despite claims to the opposite, DW4 doesn't actually do XHTML
> and likely won't be fixed in a hotfix (though we can hope).

Macromedia never claimed that DW supported XHTML. They do support some
XML, but more for internal functionality than for XML document generation
from DW.

They arre claiming they haven't heard enough business scenarios that
would justify implementing XHTML.

Note that Adobe GoLive will not necessarily generate XHTML compliant
output. It can handle XHTML pretty well, but you still need a tool like
HTML Tidy (http://www.w3c.org/ somewhere) that can convert HTML to XHTML
for you.

A tool like HTMLKit includes HTML Tidy as a plugin, and can open Zope
documents through FTP. There is an option for HTML Kit to have it open any
file without an extension, which is very handy when opening Zope objects.
Download it (for free) from http://www.chami.com/html-kit/.

--
Martijn Pieters