[ZWeb] WikiForNow dust settling

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:01:34 -0500 (EST)

I believe the massive-overhaul part of WikiForNow effort is done
( http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/WikiForNow ), and now
we're waiting for the dust to settle.  In the process, i've done a lot
passes fiddling with the structure of the existing wiki pages, which
causes new modification times without change of the content.  Mostly
harmless, this does throw off RecentChanges and edit history - i'm
hoping that's done, but may have to do a few more if flaws show up.
Bear with it, once it's all done i'll leave your objects alone...-)

I've detailed the changes, and explained some zope.org community-wiki
policies implemented using them, at:

  http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/WikiForNow/WikiForNowDevelopments

I also am keeping relevant code in WFNArtifacts in the same wiki, for
those of you interested in trying it out yourself.  (Happily, simon
michael has expressed interest in adopting the changes in the ZWiki
base code, as time allows!)  The relevant code includes the tools i
developed for migrating existing pages on the site - it's sorta
interesting.

I'm also quite interested in feedback - comments, questions, problems,
etc - submit comments at:

  http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/WikiForNow/FeedBack

Ken Manheimer
klm@digicool.com