[ZWeb] Re: attributes of users (fwd)

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:13:56 +0200

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 10:58:58AM -0500, Ethan Fremen wrote:
> Martijn, I understand that you are primarily tasked with getting a degree,
> so let me know if I'm affecting that adversely.

This is simple enough, I can do this when I need a half hour break from
having my brains steamed slowly.

> Can you do what jens asks below?

Shouldn't be hard to do that, no.

> In addition, let's move all further discussion onto the zope web list so
> the community can see some action in exchange for looking at our dirty
> laundry for so long :)

Hereby CC-ed ;)

Note that we don't *have* a first and last name filed, only a full name.
The 'name' field that Ethan refers to, is just the user ID, the login
name.

For now, I'll split full_name on the first space, and set gn to the
first string of the resulting list, and sn to whatever is left (if
anything).

> it shouldn't be too hard to do a script that picks this data out of the
> existing user folder and writes it into a file.
>
> there must be one empty line between each record and there must not be any
> empty spaces after the last letter on a line.

I'll build this. What do we do to switch over? Stop all access to Zope.org
or just the joining process?

> > name
> > email
> > last_visit
> > full_name
> > prev_visit
> > company
> > public
> >
> > don't quite know why we store name as a property as well. Anyway, we need
> > password too :)

See above, it's the login name.

I take it that last_visit and prev_visit are going to be stored in the
ZODB itself?

> > as far as the structure of the ldap store, what we talked about would be
> > good.

What did you talk about? Can we get a copy of that to Zope-Web?

--
Martijn Pieters