[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: KebasData: grabs data from url

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:11:00 +0200

From: "Jackmolle (via www.zope.org)" <jackmolle@hotmail.com>
> Hi,
> I am looking out for a software which would grab data from the URL.

Grab data from an URL? Why, and for what purpose?

> It should grab data containing email address, phone, fax, contact person
name, designation.
> Is it possible to have such a software?

I suspect your question is a classic case of asking the wrong question.
Instead of getting information from the URL, don't you *really* want to have
a form where people enter this information?

Making such a form and handling it is very easy with Zope. And no URLs need
to be involved.