[ZWeb] Re: IA for zope.org

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 07:56:49 -0500

Regarding Lennart's note and Casey's response...

Lennart proposed a new.zope.org IA with audience across the top and
resource type down the left.  In general I agree, but I have a couple of
issues on it.

1) Foremost, I think the audience menu will not be the one people prefer
to see on every page.  Does this mean the resource type menu will be on
all subordinate pages in the site?  If so, a number of people that want
no columns on content pages will be irritated.  If not, then the most
used links will require a trip to the home page.

2) The navigation menu at the top of the page, as proposed below, leaves
out some important items that I think are mandatory: home, search [____]
(go), and help.  (site map is optional).  If you add these items in,
then the top of the page starts getting crowded and distracting.
Opinions or sugestions?

--Paul