[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: FAQ of ComponentArchitecture

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:42:58 -0600

If you want to *use* Zope, learn Zope 2. It will be a while before Zope
3 is usable in a production sense, or will be considered "stable" in any
meaningful sense.

If you want to *develop* Zope, then Zope 3 is the way to go.

hth,

-Casey

Ryan McCain (via www.zope.org) wrote:
> Are there any timelines one Zope3?  I am looking to ramp up on my
knowledge of Zope. However, I have read there is going to be major
re-architecting in the project, and if Zope3 is around the corner, or at
least a stable Alpha version of Zope3, I don't want to start w/ the current
version of 2.x .. I have a few Zope books already, however.