[ZWeb] Zope Corp attribution placement

Trevor Toenjes zope@toenjes.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:21:37 -0400

> If others are interested in financially committing to zope.org (either
> through direct money or through firmly committed manhours), then we can
> open up that discussion.  I agree that, to achieve this, we might need
> to recast the ZC attribution to attract other sponsors.
>
> However, until other sponsors show up, any change in placement needs to
> end up with the same amount of prominence that you see on the current
> www.zope.org.

Cool.
I think we can accomplish both
1.  spotlight ZC appropriately
2.  Cast a shiny wiggling worm to attract new Zope sponsors and see if
anyone bites (the big experiment).  At least it will show the community that
companies that ante resources will be recognized.

easy targets...that have Zope community revenue streams
Beehive
O'Reilly
SAMS
NewRiders

It would be nice to see some real Zope development companies step out of the
shadows and be openly welcomed by Zope Corp. to contribute. (I am not
denying that this has been attempted in different forms.)
This makes Zope the focus, not ZC, a subtle but potentially momentous
difference as far as Zope's future.
ZC needs to tirelessly communicate this and make it more attractive so
others(with means) step up to the plate.