[ZWeb] Q: Available for participation?

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:21:05 -0400

Hello everyone.  In the next week there will be a major push to move the
project forward.  I'll lead with the question:

Who on this list can contribute hours (over 5) during the course of the
next week?

First and foremost, ZC has purchased four new machines to replace the
zope.org cluster.  The configuration is a squid machine, two app
servers, and a zeo server.  Chris McDonough is going to work starting
today, through next week, to get the cluster setup and get some of the
software in place.

This gives us the chance to set a milestone, cleverly called Milestone
One.  The goal of Milestone One is to have enough to show for ourselves
that we can attract more manpower to the project from the community.
While everything will be raw and unfinished, there will hopefully be a
perception that things are moving.

The tasks for the milestone: get the cluster running latest/greatest
zope/cmf, wrap up the first round of skin work, build out the first
level of information architecture, ensure we are organized as a project
(homepage, action items, bug reports, etc.)

Who on this list can contribute hours (over 8) during the course of the
next week?

--Paul