[ZWeb] DISCUSS: Use ".html" or not?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
24 Apr 2002 13:59:53 +0100

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 13:17, Paul Everitt wrote:
> 1) Caps scheme.  If I can get away with it, I'd like to make an edict to
> banish caps and use all lower.  I've grown really, really, really weary
> over the years telling people the URL to the zope 3 wiki, and saying
> "Component architecutre, capital C and capital A, front page, capital f
> and capital p, ..."

Assuming we're fronting with Apache, I believe you can solve this
problem using 'mod_speling', which corrects capitalisation
automatically.  Nonetheless, this is a good idea (lowercase edict).

> So what say ye -- "sitemap" or "sitemap.html"?

I don't have a problem with the extension idea.  It only causes
difficulties in python, right?  That is easy got around in most cases.

A site map is useful for helping us start thinking about content
properly.  However, I tend to make sitemaps dynamically generated to
avoid link rot (if you assume the top two levels of hierarchy are site
structure, you can just iterate over them and indent them according to
their depth).  Thoughts?

seb