[ZWeb] Site personalization for the new Zope.org

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:35:53 -0500

Paul, I'd like to contribute with code I'm writing for the
personalization of pages based on content sections within boxes
(portlets). You can see it at work here (uses sample content):

http://freezope1.nipltd.net/ausum/testportal/page_view

At the rendered page the boxes can wrap any valid CMF object wich has
a view method, although in my opinion it may be better to use only
'Section Objects' based on Skinned Folders.

Right now I can't  think of all the kinds of  feeds suitable to be
placed here: from the top of my head, and besides Zope news and RSS
feeds, there might be 'Product's Updates Watch', 'Newbies needing your
help today', or whatever fresh content there's supposed to be at the
new site. :)

The variables are stored as user properties.

Cheers,

Ausum