[ZWeb] Re: NEW Products Page View

Trevor Toenjes zope@toenjes.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:54:25 -0400

> "Trevor Toenjes" <zope@toenjes.com> writes:
> > I think this is a great idea.  I had played with this but left it out
> > when the page started growing. It has been refined back to a point where
> > it might fit okay.  This should just be for the comments section and
>
> I thought you could have one comment form with radio buttons to select the
> category.

Those were my thoughts exactly.  That could be pretty nifty...
I will try that in the layout later this week.
But we still need some good editing options for how-tos, etc after they have
been posted and for maintenance.  But a wiki-like comment box could get them
started.

> > then justifies moving comments to the bottom.  Can you join the project
> > to add this funcationality as a sub-class of the "software product"?
>
> Sorry, my hands are full, but I'll gladly answer questions or chat with
> you re the current implementation.
>
> > This might require CMFWiki code, since I think the goal is to rewrite
> > NZO in CMF and ZPT.
>
> Well, I wasn't suggesting using zwiki for your product page, rather to
> steal the concept and html layout from zwiki.org.
>
> But now that you mention it.. I think that would be an excellent idea.

There are times when I would love to get at certain zWiki capabilities, but
not a whole zWiki site or page.  So accessing some of the methods directly
would be a great way of wiki-fying other things...

-Trevor