[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Zope Hosting of Web Site

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:22:55 -0500

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 09:44:11AM -0500, mitch wrote:
> There is a web site Powered by Zope at: http://www.breadandjams.org
>
> Does this mean that you are hosting this site?
> Does this mean we can update it through you?
> Does this mean we can send you a site made with Dreamweaver and you can
> host it for us?
>
> I am working at Bread and Jams as a volunteer and have been asked to make
> a web site.  The person who established the one that is powered by Zope is
> not longer with us and therefore we have no information regarding you
> hosting the site.  Please HELP!

Hi Mitch,

The "Powered by Zope" logo means that we website is running on the Zope web
application server, which is a software package anyone can download and
install. The site is thus *not* hosted by us; Zope.org is a website about
the software package.

According to the whois database info on the "breadandjams.org" domain name,
the server is hosted at a company called tummy.com: http://www.tummy.com/.
You should try and contact them about the server; they may be able to help
you gain access.

Hope this helps!

--
Martijn Pieters