[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Zope Mailing Lists

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:59:07 -0500

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 02:31:05PM -0500, Paul Everitt wrote:
> Hmm, I wonder if your email server is on the black hole list?  If so, I
> _think_ we should be seeing the bounce.  Martijn, is that correct?

Blacklisted email servers only result in a mail header, which mailman is
configured to filter posts to lists on. They do not result in bounces unless
the moderator chooses to.

However, if you are seeing no emails whatsoever from the lists (including
confirmation requests), your email sever is either not accepting email from
mail.python.org, or isn't reachable by mail.python.org.

The mailman logs show you tried to subscribe to the zpt list on 02-19 and
today; the exim logs show that the confirmation request was successfully
delivered. This looks like something is going wrong on your side; if you can
check the logs for mail.devis.com, mail.python.org delivered the
confirmation request there:

  2002-02-27 11:26:11 16g6uB-0008DK-00 => twysong@devis.com R=lookuphost
  T=remote_smtp H=mail.devis.com [209.219.127.50]

--
Martijn Pieters