[ZWeb] A forest of Zope communities

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:24:24 +0100

http://www.my-zope.org/
http://www.zopelabs.com/
http://www.zopenewbies.net/
http://www.zopezen.org/
http://www.zopeandhisuncle.foo/
:-)

OK, I agree that zope.org is lacking, for example rating on products, as
implemented on my-zope.org. But why implement each thing that is lacking on
zope.org on a separate site? :-)

OK, I know, Zope users tend to be individualists. :-) But still, a bit of
cooperation could go a long way here. If it still is too hard to get
community development on zope.org (I feel that nothing much happened after
the fruitful discussions we had at the end of last year), then if that
development could be done on one website, it would be a very useful website,
instead of a whole bunch of websites with limited usefullness on their own.

Or?

I would love to be a part of writing a good zope discussion forum, I'm
almost done with a rating mix in class, and so far. But I have nowhere to
use it, and I am definitely *not* going to start
http://www.yetanotherzopesite.org/ :-).