[ZWeb] New Zope.org codebase available

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:57:07 -0500

Hi Seb and Zope-Web team,

As you may already have noticed, the Zope.org codebase underlying
mew.zope.org is now available from cvs.zope.org, under the /cvs-zopeorg
repository.

To set up a sandbox for the site yourself, you can check out the
installation instructions by executing:

  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.zope.org:/cvs-zopeorg co INSTALL.txt

You may need to log in to the cvs server first if you have never done this
before. The password is an empty string. From this same repository you'll
find all the necessary code not already released elsewhere. To check out a
read-only copy of the ZopeOrg product, for example, use:

  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.zope.org:/cvs-zopeorg co -d ZopeOrg Products/ZopeOrg

The rules for this special zopeorg CVS repository are more relaxed than the
central Zope codebase CVS repository /cvs-repository; no Contributor
Agreement is required for example. As Paul is still off sick, the exact
rules aren't clear for me yet either, but I wanted to let you all know you
can start looking and modifying!

I'll be announcing the next round of tire-kicking on new.zope.org on the
lists next. I'll then commence creating functional tests using Tres'
functional tests framework:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/tseaver/FunctionalTests

--
Martijn Pieters