[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: many zope.org pages require horizontal scrolling!

Colin Leath (via www.zope.org) cleath@j9k.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:27:01 -0400

Many pages are unreadable without horizontal scrolling. I believe this is due to the use of Tables, and in some cases to  the use of <pre>.

The pages are only readable (without horizontal scrolling) in opera [or in lynx], by using opera's ctrl-g (kill stylesheets/colors), and specifying that ctrl-g method not render tables.

Some examples are:
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Apr19ChatLog

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZopeBook/ZPT.stx
(the comments)

http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1021905817
(the description field--many other recipes have this problem)

http://www.zopezen.org/SDot/999364621

This is a common enough problem that in a few minutes of browsing on zope sites (zope.org or elsewhere) I can find examples of this.

I believe I mentioned this problem before, months ago or even a year ago, yet I still continue to find it and have to open another browser (besides mozilla) or read from source.

Colin

This email was generated from the Zope.org feedback form
It was invoked from a link on http://www.zope.org