[ZWeb] FYI: Status of sandboxes

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 08:26:00 -0400

Howdy all.  A quick status, mostly of interest to those thinking about
doing sandboxes.

Yesterday Sidnei and I went through the whole process of setting up a
sandbox, then setting up a read-write checkout of ZopeOrg-NV, and each
making some changes.  He and I are now committing changes into CVS for
nzo.  Progress!

As a side note, ChrisM has done a wonderful job with the sandbox
machinery and the instructions.

This morning I took Trevor's product page mockup and converted it to
basic ZPT, then checked in the page and the images.  There's still a
fair bit to do on it.  None of the data are generated dynamically yet,
obviously, as the software product Product will have to change.

I *think* the following people are working on getting sandboxes going:

   o Paul, Sidnei, Janko, Robert, hopefully Trevor, Ausum, and Olivier

Others?

Regarding the cluster itself, we are hoping to relocate the boxes in the
next week to the hosting site.  Right now we are seeing weird things
with the migrated content, such as the site hanging when you point ab at
it.  On the good side, some of the pages are getting 50 rps on each
processor when the actions bar and breadcrumbs are removed from the
skin.  As long as each processor can cough up 10 rps, I'll feel comfortable.

--Paul