[ZWeb] DISCUSS: Font size

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Thu, 16 May 2002 10:43:40 -0400

Olivier Deckmyn wrote:
>>That's too bad.  Nearly all the docs I have read have encouraged people
>>to switch to em as a relative point size.  While things look better on
>>your browser, they look worse on mine (Mozilla under Linux on a big
>
> screen).
>
>>Perhaps we need to find a way to accomodate this better.
>

> I've been working on this subject for months. It's the only "not bad"
> solution i've found. I think one can not mix "nice design" with "scalable
> fonts". It's only my point of view.

It's nice design, if you are on Windows and don't want to adjust the
text size.

I viewed the page under IE in Win2k.  I tried to change the text size
(View->Text Size->Larger) and nothing happened.

I tried it under three browsers under Linux.  On one (Konqueror in KDE
3) it was readable.  Under two (Mozilla and Netscape) the font was too
small to read.

I agree that we need nice design.  I'd also like to be able to read the
pages.  :^)

For now I'll try to isolate the font settings into a separate css, to
make it easy for us to work with until we find the right choice.

--Paul