[ZWeb] Link to Zope Book

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
13 Nov 2002 13:42:47 -0500

Actually, this should be done by changing the name of the Zope Book in
the http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/ directory itself
from 2_6Edition to "current", renaming the 2.5 edition to
"2_5Edition".   The rest will be taken care of automatically.

I have not done this because there are chapters in there that aren't
finished.  As a result, I'd be hesitant to point to it yet.

I'll repeat my plea for help:  please help finish this book. ;-)  The
chapters that need to be edited (edit out comments, re-screenshot,
remove absolute chapter number references) and finished (expand
examples, change stuff to use ZPT instead of DTML, etc) are:

<http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/SimpleExamples.stx>
<http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Security.stx>
<http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/AdvDTML.stx>
<http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ScriptingZope.stx>
<http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/SearchingZCatalog.stx>
<http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/RelationalDatabases.stx>
<http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ZEO.stx>
<http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/CustomZopeObjects.stx>

Many people have offered to edit/rewrite these chapters, no one has
actually followed through.

- C