[ZWeb] FYI: Next step on news

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:07:03 +0100

Howdy.  I promised a rough draft this morning of the news.  However,
Chris sent me a writeup that Carlos had done.  It's better than what I
did and I'd like to use it.

However, Carlos did his as HTML.  On the plus side, he did a very good
job of providing useful links.  On the minus side, it won't make for a
very useful email.

One solution is to convert it to STX.  However, the heavy linking that
he did would make it a real pain to read as text (just like it would be
a pleasure to read as HTML).  "Imagine":http://www.imagine.com/ a
"paragraph":http://www.paragraph.com/some/link.html with a "whole
freaking bunch of
links":http://www.links.com/whole/freaking/bunch/of/links.html in it.
:^)

Any thoughts on this?  Perhaps we could use the little-used
reference/footnote syntax in stx?

Or we could simply do it as HTML and let the email just summarize the
text.

--Paul