[ZWeb] Updating dev.zope.org (was re: development branch: sanity check)

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:10:50 +0100

On jeudi, nov 21, 2002, at 19:15 Europe/Paris, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:

> (also posting this to zope-web).
>
> The front page of the dev site, along with the Zope 2.6 "project", are
> a bit out of date.  I can update them, but I need some help deciding
> what to update:

Good catch.

> Should the Zope 2.6 project link be updated on the front page to say
> "development plans for the current release?", with the project being
> updated to talk about pending issues for Zope 2.6.1 (ie - fixing
> DateTime!)

That's a good question.  I don't think in the past that we did roadmaps
for minor releases, though with the move to community-based
development, it is probably helpful.

I vote that a new project be created for 2.6.1, even its contents are
empty.  Same for 2.7.  That way as things come up it is clear where to
put the information.  I guess this is what you were suggesting.

Can we keep links to finished projects (like 2.6) as a sub-bullet?
Something like:

   o Software releases are managed through the project page for the
release:

     - In progress: _Zope 2.6.1_ and _Zope 2.7_

     - Archived: _Zope 2.6_, _Zope 2.5_

> There are also a couple of Zope 2.7 projects.  Neither of them
> apparently linked-to properly.  Some consolidation should be probably
> done by those closer to the development plans for 2.7 before one of
> these gets linked to off of the dev site home page.
>
> - http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/SupportPython22/FrontPage
> - http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/Zope2.7/FrontPage

Well done, Jeffrey, thanks for getting this organized.

--Paul